Oracle DBA Training Institute in Chennai
Best Oracle DBA Training in Chennai
Learn Oracle DBA from Soflogic to gain thorough knowledge of Oracle DBA Architecture, database structures, security, data backup etc. We offer Oracle DBA Training in Chennai to enhance your core skills in all the crucial database platforms including 10g, 11g and 12c. Our Oracle DBA course will offer every type of DBA learning concepts comprising systems, development and application.
What is Oracle DBA?
Oracle Database is the software for the purpose of maintaining the data emerging from all the sources. Database technology will be a major component for all the types of applications and computing activities. Best Oracle DBA Training in Chennai from Softlogic will assist the participants to leverage skills in Oracle DBA concepts.
Oracle Database Administrator (Oracle DBA) course at Softlogic guides the students to become a professional Oracle DBA. Oracle DBA is regarded as one of the most dynamic and responsible positions in any business organization since it relates to forming, updating and deleting essential information from the database of the organization to assist the senior level people to take effective decisions conveniently.
Oracle Course Overview
This Oracle DBA program encompasses basic to advanced level concepts framed to assist you in obtaining OCA and OCP certifications.
Being an enterprise-class database Oracle Database 12c is the first database formed for cloud. Its intention is to make it easier for users to migrate to cloud. In this Oracle DBA Training in Chennai, you will learn how to do administrator and management activities for Oracle Database 12c.
The Oracle Database 11g is world’s most efficient relational database. Otherwise known as Oracle Database XE, it is simple to install, control and develop. It can apply an automatic browser-based interface to take care of the database. In this session, you will learn all the skills required to form and control the database including creating, configuring and maintaining the DB. As soon as you gain the essentials of administering database knowledge, you can build advanced skill in several areas.
Oracle Database 10g is the first database formed for enterprise grid computing. Oracle’s grid computing product sector comprises a DBMS and an application server besides supporting grid computing options.
Oracle DBA Certifications in Chennai
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA):
The Oracle Certified Associate credential is the first step of gaining an OCP certification. The OCA certification ascertains that the candidate is equipped with basic skills, providing a solid base for supporting Oracle products.
Oracle Certification will help you to get the role of a DBA expert. You will become a demanded staff in this field. Earning this coveted certification will raise your job prospects, enhances job security and have a swift progression in your career.
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP):
The Oracle Certified Professional is aimed to demonstrate expertise in Oracle database architecture, installation, troubleshooting etc. This certificate is for an Oracle Certified Professional to enter into the next level which is greater than OCA but lesser than OCM.
The OCP certification lets individuals to certify for positions including:
- Database developers
- Java programmers
- Solaris administrators
Prerequisites and Eligibility to learn Oracle Training in Chennai
This program is framed for the computer professional who wants to comprehend the fundamental concepts and architecture of Oracle. This comprises Oracle DBAs, Oracle developers, Oracle web developers and any computer professional who wants to grasp the architecture of an Oracle database. Database analysts and administrators, Project manager, IT professionals, Software developers, and SQL programmers and architects can also gain from this Oracle DBA Training Institute Chennai at Sofltogic.
The participant should be aware of fundamental relational database concepts including SQL prior to registering in this Oracle DBA Training Center in Chennai.
Even a candidate from non-IT background can take up Best Oracle DBA Training Course in Chennai from Softlogic. Contact our educational counselors now to know how Oracle DBA will have an impact in your career.
Fundamental understanding of databases, practical knowledge of RDBMS concepts and SQL, practical knowledge of Oracle 9i or 12g will also be an added advantage for those who want to take up this course. In fact, they can learn the course easily if they have these skills.
Oracle DBA Course at Softlogic
Oracle DBA Course in Chennai at Softlogic will assist the participants to get an in-depth understanding of the most essential responsibilities as a DBA expert. The trainees will gain knowledge in Oracle DBA fundamentals to advanced level with practical training experience. These are for gaining knowledge in the best manner and execute the knowledge in various real-time scenarios. Good lab infrastructure with all the necessary tools is provided for the training.
Softlogic offers real-time and placement oriented Oracle DBA Certification Training in Chennai. We also mold the candidates with life skills.
Gives Comprehensive Training from Scratch
You can gain all the details about Oracle DBA in the training. The training encompasses the overall topic from the basic level to the expert level. The aim of this Oracle DBA Training Center in Chennai from Softlogic is to offer all the necessary information to each and every participant.
Get Hands-on Practical Training
Softlogic places a special focus in practical classes on every topic. The training not only concentrates on theory but also practicals. The students get individual attention
The trainers are highly competent and clear the doubts of the students immediately.
Course Syllabus Dependent on Student’s Requirement
The syllabus can be discussed earlier with the trainer which can assist to have an informative as well as engaging session.
Oracle Placement Training in Chennai
Sofltogic offers 100% placement support to every student which would assist every student to gain a job before or by the completion of the course.
Oracle DBA Course Fee and Duration
The Oracle DBA course fees is nominal and can be paid in two installments. If you have any problems in time and place you can contact our help desk who would be very happy to aid you.
45 – 60 Days
2 hours a day
3 hours a day
6+ hours a day
This is an approximate course fee and duration for Oracle DBA. Please contact our team for current Oracle DBA course fee and duration.
Career Benefits of Oracle DBA
A career in Oracle DBA implies that you have to deal with the most difficult databases. For this you require immense knowledge in Oracle Database. One has to take up efficient training to become an Oracle DBA. The role of DBA is challenging and needs dedication, Softliogic is the best Oracle DBA Training Institute in Chennai.
Internet and ecommerce are progressing at a swift rate and these domains require a huge number of database administrators, Cybersecurity has turned out to be an on-demand field as it is necessary to protect the data present on the internet. It paves the way to more career chances for database administrators, These administrators can find means to secure and safeguard electronic data. For this they should be tecbnically adept. The IT industry is also looking out for the database administrator to leverage their data.
The advantages of Oracle Database Adminstrator may depend on several factors including skills, expertise, experience, communication etc.
The average pay given to an Oracle Database Administrator in India is Rs 481,767 annually as per Payscale report.. The skills that increase pay for this job are performance, Oracle RAC, Oracle eBusiness Suite and Shell Scripting. The salary for this coveted position grows in a constant manner for more experienced employees.
Major Responsibilities of Oracle DBA:
- Data Collection
- Data Migration
- Database Designing
- Performance Monitoring
- Security Mechanism Functions
- Data Recovery Procedures
Skills needed for an Oracle DBA:
The candidate should have excellent communication skills and should understand how to deal with networks and storage technologies.
- SQL Queries
- Database Modeling
- RDMS Fundamentals
- Regular Maintenance
- Data Backup
- Database Designing
- Client-Server Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Database Recovery
Salient Features of Oracle Databases
It is compulsory for every business to maintain records of customers, employees etc. When you have huge sum of data and you don’t have an efficient system for streamlining it, then locating the specific piece of data can be time consuming and complicated.. This is where databases role shines, Database software program lets you to store and retrieve data in a competent manner.
When we discuss about the software applications like Word, Excel etc, they could not take care of huge data efficiently. Hence database is used to store or retrieve data instantly. The RDBMS systems give out high performance and optimum data concurrency that enhances the total productivity of the multi-users database environment. It can be labeled as RDBMS or simple Oracle databases.
Diving more into the Significance of Oracle DBA
At the core of every company, there will be a server that contains all the relevant details which is very necessary for the business to sustain. Oracle is regarded as the giant in the relational database. A Certified Administrator can earn a handsome salary in relation to other IT professionals. The Oracle DBA is primarily related with RDBMS; the role of a DBA is important to handle the huge sum of data in big companies. Softlogic will equip you with all the necessary skills to take up jobs as Database Administrator in leading companies.
What is the Biggest Challenge to be Expected in a DBA Role?
As technology environments turn out more complicated, the skills needed to perform a DBA role too becomes complex. The responsibility of maintaining these roles at a DBA level is turning out complex and will eventually become a challenge that every modern DBA should encounter at some point in their profession.
Both DBA and development teams should begin working with even more co-ordination and come to a consensus that customer experience is the primary key performance indicator of an application. They can deliver best performance only by collaborating with each other and exchanging knowledge.
Oracle DBA Course Syllabus
- Describe course objectives
- Explore the Oracle 10g database architecture
Installing the Oracle Database Software
- Explain core DBA tasks and tools
- Plan an Oracle installation
- Use optimal flexible architecture
- Install software with the Oracle Universal Installer
Creating an Oracle Database
- Create a database with the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA)
- Create a database design template with the DBCA
- Generate database creation scripts with the DBCA
Managing the Oracle Instance
- Start and stop the Oracle database and components
- Use Enterprise Manager (EM)
- Access a database with SQL*Plus and iSQL*Plus
- Modify database initialization parameters
- Understand the stages of database startup
- View the Alert log
- Use the Data Dictionary
Managing Undo Data
- Explain DML and undo data generation
- Monitor and administer undo
- Describe the difference between undo and redo data
Configure undo retention
- Guarantee undo retention
- Use the undo advisor
Implementing Oracle Database Security
- Describe DBA responsibilities for security
- Apply the principal of least privilege
- Enable standard database auditing
- Specify audit options
- Review audit information
- Maintain the audit trail
Performing Database Backups
- Create consistent database backups
- Back your database up without shutting it down
- Create incremental backups
- Automate database backups
- Monitor the flash recovery area
Performing Database Recovery
- Recover from loss of a control file
- Recover from loss of a redo log file
- Perform complete recovery following the loss of a data file
Recovering from Non-critical Losses
- Recovery of Non-Critical Files
- Creating New Temporary Tablespace
- Recreating Redo Log Files, Index Tablespaces, and Indexes
- Read-Only Tablespace Recovery
- Authentication Methods for Database Administrators
- Loss of Password Authentication File
- Creating a new temporary tablespace
- Altering the default temporary tablespace for a database
- Flashback Database Architecture
- Configuring and Monitoring Flashback Database
- Backing Up the Flash Recovery Area
- Using V$FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA_USAGE
- Flashback Database Considerations
- Using the Flashback Database RMAN interface
- Using Flashback Database EM Interface
- Managing and monitoring Flashback Database operationse
Dealing with Database Corruption
- Block Corruption Symptoms: ORA-1578
- DBVERIFY Utility and the ANALYZE command
- Initialization parameter DB_BLOCK_CHECKING
- Segment Metadata Dump and Verification
- Using Flashback for Logical Corruption and using DBMS_REPAIR
- Block Media Recovery
- RMAN BMR Interface
- Dumping and Verifying Segment Metadata
Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Database Storage Structures
- Space Management Overview
- Oracle-Managed Files (OMF)
- Row Chaining and Migrating
- Proactive Tablespace Monitoring
- Managing Resumable Space Allocation
- SYSAUX Tablespace
- Monitoring table and index space usage
Automating Tasks with the Scheduler
- Scheduler Concepts
- Creating a Job Class and a Window
- Managing Jobs, Programs, Chains, Events, Schedules, priority
- Viewing and Purging Job Logs
- Creating a program and a schedule
- Creating a job that uses a program and a schedule
- Altering the program and schedule for the job and observing the behavior change of the job
- Monitoring job runs
- Workshop Methodology, requirements, and setup
- Scenario 1: Database performance
- Scenario 2: Finding and Tuning Inefficient SQL
- Scenario 3: SGA Management – REDO
- Scenario 4: Running out of Undo Space
- Scenario 5: Missing datafile
- Scenario 6: Managing space in a tablespace – REDO
- Scenario 7: Missing TEMP data file
Managing Database Storage Structures
- Describe table data storage (in blocks)
- Define the purpose of tablespaces and data files
- Understand and utilize Oracle Managed Files (OMF)
- Create and manage tablespaces
- Obtain tablespace information
- Describe the main concepts and functionality of Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
Administering User Security
- Create and manage database user accounts
- Authenticate users
- Assign default storage areas (tablespaces)
- Grant and revoke privileges
- Create and manage roles
- Create and manage profiles
- Implement standard password security features
- Control resource usage by users
Managing Schema Objects
- Define schema objects and data types
- Create and modify tables
- Define constraints
- View the columns and contents of a table
- Create indexes, views and sequences
- Explain the use of temporary tables
- Use the Data Dictionary
- Manage data through SQL
- Monitor and resolve locking conflicts
Configuring the Oracle Network Environment
- Create additional listeners
- Create Net Service aliases
- Configure connect-time failover
- Control the Oracle Net Listener
- Test Oracle Net connectivity
- Identify when to use shared versus dedicated servers
Backup and Recovery Concepts
- Identify the types of failure that may occur in an Oracle Database
- Describe ways to tune instance recovery
- Identify the importance of checkpoints, redo log files, and archived log files
- Configure ARCHIVELOG mode
- Describe Flashback database
- Restore the table content to a specific point in the past with Flashback Table
- Recover from a dropped table
- View the contents of the database as of any single point in time with Flashback Query
- See versions of a row over time with Flashback Versions Query
- View the transaction history of a row with Flashback Transaction Query
- Describe available ways for moving data
- Create and use directory objects
- Use SQL*Loader to load data from a non-Oracle database (or user files)
- Explain the general architecture of Data Pump
- Use Data Pump Export and Import to move data between Oracle databases
- Use external tables to move data via platform-independent files
Configuring Recovery Manager
- Recovery Manager Features and Components
- Using a Flash Recovery Area with RMAN
- Configuring RMAN
- Control File Autobackups
- Retention Policies and Channel Allocation
- Using Recovery Manager to connect to a target database in default NOCATALOG mode
- Displaying the current RMAN configuration settings
- Altering the backup retention policy for a database
Using Recovery Manager
- RMAN Command Overview
- Parallelization of Backup Sets
- Compressed Backups
- Image Copy
- Whole Database and Incremental Backups
- LIST and REPORT commands
- Enable ARCHIVELOG mode for the database
- Use Recovery Manager
- Recovery Steps
- Server and User Managed Recovery commands
- Recovering a Control File Autobackup
- Creating a New Control File
- Incomplete Recovery Overview
- Incomplete Recovery Best Practices
- Simplified Recovery Through RESETLOGS
- Point-in-time recovery using RMAN
Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Automatic Undo Management
- Redo Log Files
- Table Types
- Partitioned Tables
- Index-Organized Tables (IOT)
- Managing index space with SQL
- Configure optimal redo log file size
- View “Automatic Tuning of Undo Retention”
- Creating Bigfile Tablespaces
- Packages and data dictionary changes to support VLDB
- Creating and maintaining temporary tablespace groups (TTG)
- Partitioning and Partitioned Indexes
- Skipping unusable indexes
- DML Error Logging
- Interpreting Bigfile ROWIDs