Global businesses are growing exponentially by embracing digital transformations and automating regular operations as they give benefits with speed and accuracy.
It is the Windows Desktop automation tool that utilizes robotic process automation. Top companies are looking for skilled and certified employees to work with UiPath, the best RPA tool and in this blog,
we have gathered some of the popular “UiPath Interview Questions and Answers” for helping aspirants to attend the technical rounds of RPA interviews with confidence.
- Explain RPA
It is not about replacing humans completely with robots but it refers to computer software that imitates human behaviors.
- Why UiPath is popular?
- Complete package that provides solutions through UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator, and UiPath Robots.
- Intuitive as it combines drag and drops and flowchart activities that work UiPath and developing robots incredibly.
- Available for a large number of activities through hundreds of pre-built and tested activities with drag and drop facilities.
- Security as it can store and encrypt credentials on a centralized server.
- Recording option through dedicated recorders for desktop apps, Citrix environments, and terminal simulators.
- Universal search with a capability of allowing users to search over all automation resources like libraries, projects, activities, and workflows in a single search
- Debugging techniques with a robust debugging tool for adaptable and intuitive functioning.
- Collaboration as we can save, secure, and transfer scripts in the MS team
- Integration with third-party services like ABBYY, IBM Watson, and Google
- Licensing on the server that centralizes and simplifies the procedure
- Explain the components of UiPath
There are three major components in UiPath as follows
- UiPath Studio: The graphical user interface is a dashboard for automating workflows and it comes with a variety of tools for workflow.
- UiPath Orchestrator: The web-based tool to deploy, schedule, monitor, and manage UiPath robots in the environment.
- UiPath Robots: The basic component used to execute automation processes that are written in the UiPath studio.
- Explain the various types of workflows of UiPath
The workflow types of UiPath are as follows
- Sequences that work well with linear processes and they make it simple for professionals to go from one activity to another.
- State Machine that uses a particular number of states to automate the execution time.
- Flowchart is a graphical depiction of various automated operations.
- Global exception handler that has an intention to use in both small and large automation projects that has a goal of discovering execution problems.
- Mention the major applications of UiPath?
UiPath is applicable for the following uses
- Financial reporting
- Data extraction
- Acquiring market information
- Keeping track of the customer dashboard processing of data orders
- Data capture and manipulation for invoice generation
- Data entry and email exchange
- Data extraction from a variety of sources
- System to automate regular tasks
- Differentiate attended and unattended bots
Attended bots are bots that are working on the same computer as a user and are activated by the user’s actions or events. While unattended bots are bots that are run unattended in virtual environments for automating various operations.
- Explain UiPath explorer
The powerful tool UI explorer allows users to develop a custom selector for a single UI element. It is a standalone utility that users can acquire from the automation cloud instance’s resource center or through the UiPath studio.
- List UiPath properties
UiPath has the following properties
- What is branching in UiPath?
The branching in UiPath is used to connect activities using the branch in Flowchart
- What are the various types of Wildcards in UiPath?
There are two types of Wildcards in UiPath as follows
- Asterisk (*) that replaces zero or more characters
- Question mark (?) that replaces a single character
- Explain the features of UiPath
UiPath has the following specialized features
- Hosting options that help in hosting cloud environments or virtual terminals
- Application compatibility that allows users to work with a variety of applications
- A centralized repository that helps in handling all the robots simultaneously by users
- A security that provides auto-login features to execute the bots
- Advanced screen scraping solutions that can be worked efficiently with applications like .Net, PDF, Flash, Legacy, SAP, and Java with accuracy.
- Scalable and robust for providing effective debugging and exception handling mechanisms. AI is used to handle routine applications like Outlook Excel and PDF.
- What is the variable and data type in UiPath?
UiPath has variables used for storing the data and changing the value of a variable and data types for storing data in different forms. UiPath supports different data types like number, date, time, universal value, and text.
- Define assigned activity and sequence activity
The assigned activity in UiPath allows for assigning values to various variables and sequence activity is used to clear the path from switching from one activity to another and it works as a single activity block. Developers can utilize these blocks multiple times.
- Define a generic variable in UiPath
A generic variable is a special variable used to store any kind of data types like date format, arrays, int, and string.
- List the steps that are involved in developing a project and execute in the UiPath studio
Following are the steps that involve in creating the project
- Click start in UiPath Studio Software
- Select the project type
- Enter the name, location, and description in the new tab and click on create
- Drag and drop the activities into the design window
- Select RUN or click on F5 on the keyboard.
- What is contention in UiPath?
- What is a package manager?
- What is the error handling activities available in UiPath?
Error handling activities of UiPath are as follows
- Terminate workflow
- Try Catch
- What are the email protocols in UiPath?
Email protocols available in UiPath are IMAP, GET, OUTLOOK, POP3, and so on.
- What are the ways to create a variable in UiPath?
Following are the three ways to create a variable in UiPath
- Apply the variable tab on the control bar
- Utilizing the output column and properties window
- Choosing create variable option placed in the ribbon tab
- What are sections available in UiPath?
UiPath has sections such as projects panel, activity panel, workflow designer, and properties panel.
- Define anchor base in UiPath
The anchor base is a container that helps in searching for a UI element using other UI elements. It can be used as a reliable selector when it is not present.
- Explain how to filter mail using UiPath automation
There are two methods implemented for filtering the mail and they are users can filter email if the condition is in for each loop or users can filter email by offering filter conditions in the “Get Outlook” filter option.
- Explain orchestration job
An orchestration job is a responsibility of orchestrating the execution of other jobs.
- What are the layers present in UiPath Architecture?
The UiPath architecture has three layers that include client layer, server layer, and presentation layer.
- The client layer comprises with UiPath components for users to interact. The specialized UiPath components are UiPath Studio, UiPath Agent, UiPath Robots, UiPath Browsers, and UiPath Executors.
- The server layer is used to display all the server-based information. The UiPath Orchestrator is placed on this tier. It is in the charge of the entire project and helps in meeting service levels.
- The persistence layer is used in database servers for making them up that holds UiPath bot configuration information. It organizes and regulates queues and tasks.
UiPath is popular as it is simple to use with features like drag and drop functionality.