We have formed a list of Robotic Process Automation interview questions so that you can confidently prepare for your RPA job interview. Go through these question and answers carefully and prepare for your interview.
1. What is RPA – Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic Process Automation can be explained in the following manner:
Robotic: Robots are machines that perform the same actions of humans.
Process: Process is a flow of steps that lead to a meaningful activity. For eg. washing machine process
Automation: There is no human assistance in automation process. The robots perform the task through rule-based process.
2. What are the benefits of using RPA?
- You can decrease the size of your workforce and hence decrease costs because RPA can automate most of the manual and repetitive tasks.
- The significant point is that computers don’t do any mistakes. They perform exactly what they are told and hence are more accurate.
- There is no coding needed for RPA. A simple drag and drop is enough for any automation.
- The process of RPA can be compared to any desktop tool or web application. Suppose the process is repetitive it can be automated. There is requirement of only little coding.
3. What are the characteristics of RPA?
There is no requirement of programming skills with RPA. Staff with any subject expertise can be trained to automate RPA tools in a quick manner. The RPA chart is the key to this.It offers a flowchart designer to graphically link, drag and drop icons.
RPA projects are in need of minimum IT skills and less investment, As a result, the automation is lowered at a reasonable rate.
RPA eliminates complexity and risk. The software robots access to end user’s systems through a controlled user interface. This eventually decreases the requirement of underlying systems programming.
4. What is the difference between traditional / IT automation and RPA?
- Traditional IT Automation is a strenuous process and needs reasonable manpower, time, effort and significant cost.
- RPA is a good solution for immediately generating improvements.
- Both traditional automation and RPA require good energy and planning. However, the implementation of RPA is instant.
- The objective of both is automation. However RPA is faster and cost-effective than traditional automation.
5. What are the general requirements of RPA for front and back office processing?
RPA is popular for its flexibility and is capable to meet the dynamic IT standards without giving up on security. Robotic software can be used for both front office and back office. Most of the requirements dont change for both.
6. What is the difference between Mainframe and Non-Mainframe Applications?
- It’s a single screen and is dependent on keyboard.
- There are distinct set in-built commands supported by Blue Prism specifically for mainframe applications.
- It comprises multiple screens
- Control shifts from one screen to another screen
- 7. What Are The Popular RPA Tools & Vendors?
Popular RPA Tools & Vendors are:
- Automation Anywhere
- Blue Prism
7. What are Limitations of Robotic Process Automation?
There is no doubt that RPA enhances company efficiency by taking care of repetitive human effort. However, there are limitations to the nature of work that it can be used for especially one that requires discretion.
- RPA doesn’t act as a cognitive computing solution. It cannot learn from experience.
- When you implement RPA to a broken and inefficient process then there is no solution. It is not a Business Process Management solution .
- RPA cannot comprehend any data that is non-electronic with unstructured inputs.
8. Is Robotic Automation Like Screen Scraping Or Macros?
Robotic Process Automation’s role goes much more than a macro. It i sa dynamic, flexible tool which compromises for the disadvantages in macros. For example, total dependence on their designer etc. The flexibility of RPA and its ability to adjust to a specific scenario makes it far more operational than macros. Macros has the ability to repeat only elementary steps over and over again.
9. How to implement Robotic Process Automation?
There are primarily 6 steps to be considered for a successful RPa implementation.
- Look out for the Automation Opportunities
- Optimize the spotted processes
- Form a Business Case
- Select an RPA vendor
- Develop a Pilot RPA
- Enhance and continue forming competent RPA bots.
10. Why Blue Prism is much preferred over other RPA tools?
- Blue Prism supports both internal encryption/decryption and external encryption/decryption.
- The process and the structuring of automation in Blue Prism can be closely supervised.
- There is the provision of enabling the audit log by ourselves.
- The customized .Net code is synched for the presence of highly robust systems within the process automation.
11. What are the framework types used in Automation Anywhere?
- Data-driven automation framework.
- Modular automation framework.
- Hybrid Automation Framework
- Keyword Driven Automation Framework.
12. What are the important Phases of RPA Life Cycle?
Phases of RPA Life Cycle:
Analysis:The first Phase in RPA starts with assessment. Business team and RPA Architect function together to comprehend a business process for RPA development
Bot Development: RPA developer begins working on the requirement in their environment.
Testing: Certain organizations do testing by a separate testing team. Other companies haven a dedicated testing team. Having a dedicated testing team which takes up QA of developed bot is the best practice.
Deployment and Maintenance: Once the development and testing phases are completed, a bot is ready for distribution and gets into maintenance phase.
13. What is Citrix automation?
Citrix automation is applied to automate process including filling fields in form and submitting the form in a virtual desktop application. You can make use of processes comprising data entry form filling with the help of Citrix automation.
14. List the Industrial applications of RPA.
- Banking- Automation of credit card application in bank etc.
- Retail-Update orders, control fake accounts, process shipping notifications etc.
- Telecommunication-Manage subscriber feeds, fraud management and customer data updates
- HR-Candidate sourcing, payroll automation etc.
We believe that these RPA interview question and answers are useful to you. Go through them with confidence and crack the interviews with ease.
All the best for your future endeavors and happy job hunting.