Azure Interview Questions and Answers
Azure is the top cloud service provider offered by Microsoft and there are a lot of companies looking for certified and skilled professionals to perform roles like Azure Solutions Architect, System Admin, and Azure Developer. This is the right career path to learn Azure Course in Chennai as the market share of Azure is 20.3% and there are more than 1,20,000 subscribers for Azure around the world. Here are the frequently asked Azure Interview Questions and Answers that help you crack the technical rounds of top companies easily and visit Softlogic Systems for more interview updates.
Basic Azure Interview Questions and Answers
- Explain about Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is the usage of servers on the internet for storing, managing, analyzing, and processing data with pay-as-you-go options. There are many third-party providers such as Microsoft, AWS, Google, etc for providing services for users around the world. The usage of cloud computing enhances the speed of execution and flexibility of resources with scalable features. Cloud computing can be utilized by industries to obtain high fault tolerance and high system availability.
- What are the various cloud deployment models available?
There are three different cloud deployment models available for users namely public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud.
- Public Cloud is the infrastructure offered by the cloud provider and the server for multiple users
- Private Cloud is the infrastructure offered by the cloud provider for exclusive usage of users. It will be the dedicated server for the users who might be large or medium industries.
- A hybrid cloud is an infrastructure that can be used either public or private according to the needs of users. Use of private servers for confidential data and public cloud for hosting the company’s website.
- Explain Azure with its uses
Azure cloud service is offered by Microsoft and it offers a platform as a service (PaaS) for users. It was designed to provide support via applications that are demanded high scalability, reliability, and availability with a reduced cost of operations. They will be hosted on Virtual Machines and Azure to be controlled by developers and administrators for allowing users to access the required software applications via the internet. Azure is used to deploy multi-tier web-based applications by creating an instance of cloud services and it will define roles such as web roles, worker roles, etc for distributed processing. Every role has its purpose to configure the files of the application.
- What is the use of a cloud configuration file?
The primary usage of the cloud configuration file (.csfg) is to hold the main copy of certificates, to have a storage of user-defined settings, and to create several instances for any services projects.
- What are services are used to manage Azure resources?
Azure resource manager is the infrastructure for managing deployments or deleting all the resources. It is one of the Most important Azure services offered by Microsoft.
- Define Roles in Azure with its different types
Roles in Azure Cloud Management are servers that are linked to manage and balance the platform as a service machine for collaborating works to achieve the goal. There are three different types of roles in Azure namely Web Role, VM Role, and Worker Role
Web Role is used to deploy websites using languages that are supported by the IIS (Internet Information Server) platform customized to run the web applications.
Worker Role is used to execute the process that runs in the background by deploying the website.
- Define Azure Diagnostic
Azure Diagnostic is an API-based system that gathers the data to diagnose the application which is constantly running. It helps in tuning the verbose monitoring that enables roles of the cloud services.
- Why API is required in Azure Diagnostic?
Azure Diagnostic requires API to help collect data like performance monitoring and system event log from the applications that are running in Azure. It is used for the verbose monitoring of the data and to enable the cloud service roles. The diagnostics data will be used to build visual chart representations for better monitoring and to create performance metric alerts.
- Define SLA of Azure
Azure SLA (Service Level Agreement) is an agreement that assures or guarantees that the two or more role instances of a role are deployed on Azure. Access to the cloud service is ensured at least 99.95% of the time. SLA states that if the role instance process is not running, then the detection of processes and corrective action will be taken 99.9% of the time. If the said guarantees are not met properly, Azure credits a percentage of monthly fees to users depending on the pricing model of the particular Azure services.
- Define NSG
NSG is the acronym for Network Security Group that has a list of the ACL (Access Control List) rules that either enables or denies network traffic to subnets or NICs (Network Interface Card) connected to a subnet or both. Once the NSG is linked with a subnet, the ACL rules are implemented to all the VMs (Virtual Machines) in that subnet. NSG directly associates the restrictions of traffic for every individual NIC.
- Define Domain, fault domain, and update domain
The domain is the interconnected and interlinked nodes that are often a measure undertaken by the organization and these relations will be carried by only one point of the organization.
The fault domain is the logical working domain in which the underlying hardware is sharing a common power source and switch network. It means that once a virtual machine is created the Azure distributes the VM over the fault domain limiting the effective impact of hardware failure, outages of the network, or power interruption.
Update domain is a logical group that undertakes maintenance of machines by rebooting the system. It distributes the created VMs automatically across the updated domain that allows the user to run any one of the applications while the Azure platform when maintenance is happening. It doesn’t work sequentially with manual rebooting.
- Differentiate the verbose and minimal monitoring
The verbose monitoring collects metrics based on the performance that allows close analysis of data that is fed while the application is processing. Minimal monitoring, on the other hand, is a default configuration that makes use of the performance counters collected from the operating system of the host.
- Define BLOB and its types
BLOB stands for Binary Large Object that is composed of any size and type of files and they are primarily two types namely the page and the block blob. The page blob contains pages that which the data range is defined by the offsets and the maximum limit is 1TB where a single page is of the size of 1TB. The block blob has a specific block ID that each block in this block blob forms 4MB and the maximum size of this BLOB is limited to 200GB.
- What are the price subscriptions of Azure Cloud Service?
Azure offers products with various price subscription models as follows
- The free model where the users can access the system exempted from the market fee
- The BYOL model is where the users can fetch the Azure with a fee that is not encircled by the limits of market cost.
- The trial of the free software where the users get the complete version with an advanced feature for a limited period with the expiration time of the introductory period and the user can change standard rates.
- Usage-based fee that will be billed according to the service that the user is taking. If the user subscribed for the virtual image for hourly fees.
- Monthly bills that can be activated for a particular plan and the fee will be allocated for cancellation of mid-month unused services.
- Explain Azure Redis Cache
Azure Redis Cache is an open-source, in-memory caching system offered and maintained by Microsoft Azure and it helps web applications to enhance their performance by fetching data from the backend database and storing them into Redis Cache for the first request and fetching data from the Redis cache for all subsequent requests. Azure Redis Cache offers powerful and secure caching mechanisms using the Azure Cloud.
- Explain Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets
Azure computational resources are used to deploy and manage sets of identical Virtual Machines and the scale sets will be configured in the same way that is designed to support the autoscaling of the applications without the requirement of pre-provisioning of the VMs. They will help to build large-scale applications focusing on big data and containerized workloads easier.
- Explain the size of Azure VM
The sizes of Azure VM are varying as follows
- The extra-large computer will have 8*1.6 GHz of instance size with storage availability of 2040GB and 14GB CPU memory for the highest I/O performance.
- The large size computer will have 4*1.6 GHz of instance size with storage availability of 1000GB and 7GB of CPU memory for highest I/O performance.
- The medium size will have 2*1.6 GHz of instance size with storage availability of 490GB and 3.5GB of CPU memory for the highest I/O performance.
- The small size computer will have 1.6 GHz of instance size with storage availability of 225GB and 1.75GB of CPU memory for moderate I/O performance.
- The extra small computer will have 1.0 GHz of instance size with storage availability of 20GB and 768 MB CPU memory for the lower I/O performance.
- Define table storage
Table storage is an interface that contains the capability of storing a bulk amount of structured but non-relational data. It is a service of the NoSQL data store that takes authenticated calls from either outside or inside the Azure Cloud. The table is a collaborated entity that has a set of properties that is paired up with name and value.
- Explain lookup transformation, connected lookups, and unconnected lookups
Lookup transformation helps in determining source qualifiers that can be active or passive lookup transformation and the process is proposed to get access to the relevant information or data.
Connected lookup is built as a static and dynamic cache and it can be multiple ports that will give the output and it is done by the user-defined entity.
Unconnected lookup is the input taken by the LKP operation that happens directly from the transformation in the flow of data. The user-defined values will be disregarded in the unconnected lookups and it has a single output port.
- What are the data disks supported within scale sets?
A scale set will define an attached data disk configuration that implements to all VMs in the set. It includes Azure files, OS drive, temp drive (local that is not backed by Azure storage), Azure data service (azure tables or azure blobs), and external data services like a remote database.
- Define Service Fabric in Azure
Service Fabric is a middleware platform that gives more scalable outcomes to the following generation and it renders the more managed and reliable enterprises.
- List the benefits of traffic manager in Azure
The traffic manager is assigned to control the distribution of the user to deploy the cloud service and the benefit of the traffic manager is as follows.
- It is used to make the application available worldwide through automated traffic control machinery
- It contributes to high performance by loading the page faster and convenient usage.
- There will be no log of time to maintain or upgrade the previous system and the system keeps running in the background while the system is getting updated with the new version.
- The configuration of the Azure portal will be made easy with the traffic manager.
- What could be done in a drive failure in the Azure platform?
When there is a drive failure in Azure the following steps are to be followed.
- At first, the drive should not be mounted enabling the object storage to function without failures.
- Or at the second criteria, the drive should be replaced in which the desired step will be remounting or formatting the drive.
- What can be done when a service fails in Azure?
In case of service failure in the Azure platform the following steps to be followed
- Assure that the objects services have stopped running which will allow the object services to withstand the failure.
- Completing the last lap of work pending that can be allowed the system object storage remains functional by making the machined to again get back online. Once it is started, the online replication will be immediately get activated with the missing updated files.
- If the user is capable to replace the drive, then he should remove the drive and allow the system to stay not mounted.
- What could be the service state if the client gets disconnected?
If the client gets disconnected the following two categories can be casual factors
The cause of the operator side:
- Failure chances in transferring the standard cache from one node to the other
- Processing the service and dispatching the cache got deployed
- There could be a server update or an automated VM maintenance.
The fault of the client-side:
- The application of the client system accidentally got redeployed
- The application on the client system could get auto-scaling
- The layer of the network on the client side could be altered or removed
- The transient error on the network node
- The bound operation that takes more time
- The upper limit of the bandwidth got achieved.
- How come the Azure resource manager is beneficial over another classical service?
The benefits of Azure resource manager are as follows
- The resources are not required to be managed, monitored, or deployed one at a time and they are chain deployment activities throughout the lifecycle without the need for individual data handling.
- The data will be deployed at a consistent pace with the ARM service and it enables the user to use a declarative template that denotes the deployment.
- As the role-based control is provided in the management platform to offer the user access to the resources that leads to control by the user
- User can mark dependencies between the resources to enable the user to get the correct order of deployment.
- The resources might be tagged and organized logically for convenient follow-ups for the billing process of a particular company.
- What are the various database types in SQL Azure?
Web Editing has a limit of 5GB of SQL related to the relational database and the basic benefit is that it can be self-maintained, tolerant to a fault, and highly available.
Business-based Edition that supports 50GB of T-SQL for self-maintained, tolerant to a fault, and highly available. They are well suited for customized web applications or ISV applications.
- What is the storage key in Azure?
Azure storage key is used for authentication for validating access for the Azure storage service to control access of data based on the project requirements. There are two types of storage keys namely primary access key and secondary access key. The main purpose of the secondary access key is for removing downtime of the website or application.
- Define CSpack in Azure
CSPACK is a command-line tool used in generating service package files and this tool helps in preparing the application for deployment in Microsoft Azure or Computer Emulator. Each project of cloud service type has the .cscfg file that is the cloud service in general for the cloud service configuration file which is generated by the CSPACK tool. It stores the number of role instances for the deployment of each role of the project, the thumbprint of the certificates, and user-defined configuration and settings.
- Which is the best Azure solution for performing the code without a server?
Azure function services will be used for executing the code without a server
- Serverless Azure functions are used to simplify complex orchestration and challenging resolutions that they are for being stateless and short-lived.
- Azure services are used to connect with other services without the need for hard coding of the integrations for making the development process faster and easier.
- Azure services will help the developer to write and focus on the business logic codes of the integrations to save time and effort.
- They provide features to monitor and analyze code performance of azure application insights that helps in determining the bottlenecks and failure points over the components of the applications.
We have prepared Azure Interview Questions and Answers here to help aspirants for clearing the interviews in top companies as well as certification exams easier. Get the best Azure Training in Chennai at Softlogic Systems as we have top industry experts who have a lot of experience in industrial projects. Develop your cloud computing skills in our Azure Training Institute in Chennai.