API Testing Course Syllabus
We have prepared the API Testing Course Syllabus with the utmost care of solving the real-time issues that the industry required in the testing process and equipping the candidates to deliver the product error-free. It gives an in-depth understanding of REST API Testing to implement successfully in projects assigned by the companies through satisfying hands-on practices. We cover SOAP web services, BaseURL, Automation Set, Automation Utilities, Maven-Build Management, Jenkins, Logging framework, and integrate along with the report generation in our API Testing Training Institute in Chennai at SLA.
PART 1: Rest API – An overview
- What is Web Services?
- Deep Dive on SOAP and REST Web Services
- How does REST API architecture works?
- What is BaseURL?
- What is Resources in REST API?
- How to use GET and POST request?
- How to use PUT and DELETE request?
- What are headers and cookies in rest request?
PART 2: Get started with REST API Testing
- Deep Dive on google place Search API for scripting
- What do you know about POSTMAN -Manual testing client?
- How is it useful for REST API?
- How to adding new place in Google Maps with google API?
- Do you know to validate responses with POSTMAN client?
PART 3: Automation Set Up
- What do you know Test API?
- How to set up Test Project with Rest Assured API?
- How to use tag for passing requests?
PART 4: Validate the Rest API Responses
- How to validate the body of first JSON response?
- Do you know to validate response headers and status codes?
- Real Time Examples
PART 5: Deep Dive on REST API Automation
- Do you know to automate POST request with payload?
- How to grab the response body into String for Advance validations?
- How to pass the response values into subsequent requests?
- Do you know to optimize the script?
- Deep Dive on Data driven testing best practices
PART 6: Automation Utilities
- How to Validate advanced xml responses?
- What are the Shortcut methods to convert raw data to xml/JSON?
- How to parse JSON response to extract values?
- How to log feature to debug automation script?
PART 7: Automate Jira
- How does Jira API Works?
- Deep Dive on Cookie Authentication API for Jira requests
- How to use GET and POST API Script in JIRA to create bugs?
- How to automate JIRA API?
- Real Time Examples
- How to add comment API using POST and PUT?
- How to use JIRA API Script?
PART 8: Deep Dive on OAuth Authentication Set Up
- What is OAuth?
- How does OAuth works?
- Difference between OAuth and OpenID
- Deep Dive on User Authentication using OAuth
PART 9: Maven- Build Management tool
- Deep Dive on Maven in Framework Dev
- How to install and configure Maven?
- Important things to know about Maven
- How to creating Maven Project?
- Do you know to import Maven in Eclipse?
- What do you know about POM.xml file?
- What do you know about surefire plugin?
- How is it used to execute Test?
- Do you know to integrate Testng with Maven?
- How to switch the Test with Maven Profiling?
PART 10: Jenkins- Continuous Integration Tool
- Deep Dive on Jenkins in Test frameworks
- How to Install and configure Jenkins?
- How to Configure Jenkin Settings and Workspace?
PART 11: TestNG Reports for Jenkin Jobs
PART 12: Testng Reporting Plugin into Jenkin jobs
- Real Time Configuration
PART 13: Logging Framework – log4j
- What is log4j?
- How is it used in Rest API framework?
- Do you know to import log4j in Eclipse project?
- Deep Dive on log4j xml file
- How to use xml file to control logging in Testcase?
PART 14: Integrate Excel
- What is Apace POI API?
- What do you know about download instructions?
- Do you know the Approach to Access Excel Data?
- How to access rows and its cells from sheet?
- Do you know to retrieve data from excel?
- Deep Dive on Library API
- What do you know about Library API Postman and Rest Assured?
- How to convert HashMap to JSON?
- How to integrate excel with Rest Assured Test?
Get expertise in Best API Testing Training at Softlogic Systems to analyze any application program interfaces and become an expert in verifying the expected functionalities, security, reliability, and performances.