Best Software Testing Training Institute in Chennai | Software Testing Training in Chennai
Testing is a crucial step in the production process of any commodity, Same is the case with software applications. Softlogic offers the best software testing training in Chennai with a comprehensive course including all the major software testing tools.
Introduction to Software Testing Training Course in Chennai
What’s all the hype about testing: Software testing is more than just another step in Quality Analysis. Besides hunting down bugs and defects, testing has an important commercial value attached to it.
Software testing is basically done to check for bugs or defects that could have invariably crept into the software. Testing can be manual or automated. A clear understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) is necessary to create robust and exhaustive test suites. It is a myth that software testers are the underdogs of the industry. They are some of the most important and invaluable employees in any software development organization. Testing is the thin line between make or break of a software application. Testers need to work in tandem with developers to arrive at a holistic software. Software testing is necessary for the following reasons:
- Helps to detect and eliminate bugs and errors.
- It is an important step in Quality Analysis and helps to meet quality checkpoints.
- It is necessary to test the software under different circumstances of load and stress.
- It is done to ensure it meets the demands of the customers.
- It makes sure the software does not fail unexpectedly or wither under load.
- It is done to maintain a good stead in business.
In manual testing, a software tester categorically combes through the software to hunt and get rid of any discrepancy that may have escaped the notice of the software developer. Automated tests use testing tools like JMeter, Selenium or LoadRunner to check the software for various factors. Automated tests are preferred to manual tests as they are fast, inexpensive and more reliable. In terms of techniques, software testing is broadly categorized as White Box testing and Blackbox testing.
Blackbox testing does not take into account the internal mechanism of the software, but deals solely with the output generated. It is also called functional testing.
White box testing deals with the internal mechanisms of the software and is also called structural testing. These tests are used for validation and verification.
Software testing is never a single-step process. It is a series of steps executed in a sequential manner to arrive at an error-free and infallible software. The steps involved are:
- Framing a design and taking note of the requirements of the software.
- Planning the tests.
- Designing the tests
- Getting the test environment ready
- Executing the test
- Final report
Software testing requires tenacity, patience and an eye for detail. It calls for some strong rational thinking and logical analysis. So get those grey cells in motion. if you are not learning something new everyday, you are not testing.
Prerequisites to Learn Software Testing Course:
Before you enrol for a software testing course, it is a good idea to educate yourself about the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). It is a process the software industry adopts to design, develop and test high quality software applications. The SDLC principles are at the core of any testing method. To have some knowledge about automation tools is an added bonus.
Who Should Attend Software Testing Training In Chennai At Softlogic:
Software testing is an entry-level course and anyone with a knack for software applications and possessing strong analytical skills can enrol for this course. Any graduate with qualified training on Software Testing can aspire for a career in software testing. Most of the IT companies recruit from the following qualifications, B.Sc, B.Com, BCA, B.Tech, MCA, M.Sc, M.Tech etc.. If you know that testing is where your expertise lies, enrol for a course in software testing at one of the top software testing training institutes in Chennai.
Life’s About Choices
If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will remember the dialogue by Dumbledore,” It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. “ So, when it comes to software testing, choosing the best institute is imperative. Softlogic is a renowned institute for software testing in its own right.
- It has created a name for itself in the last 20 years that it has been rendering software training.
- We maintain a healthy teacher-student ratio that ensures individual attention.
- Our institute has excellent lab facilities with state-of-art infrastructure.
- The curriculum is regularly updated to incorporate the latest developments in technology.
- Softlogic also offers placement assistance on completion of the syllabus to help you bag your dream job in this competitive market.
- We offers the best software testing training at affordable fees.
Software Testing Training Course Fee and Duration
|Track||Regular Track||Weekend Track||Fast Track|
|Course Duration||45 - 60 Days||8 Weekends||5 Days|
|Hours||2 hours a day||3 hours a day||6+ hours a day|
|Training Mode||Live Classroom||Live Classroom||Live Classroom|
This is an approximate course fee and duration for Software Testing Training. Please contact our team for current Software Testing Training course fee and duration.
Software Testing Training Course Syllabus
- Basic Testing Vocabulary
- Quality Assurance versus Quality Control
- The Cost of Quality
- Software Quality Factors
- How Quality is Defined
- Why Do We Test Software?
- What is a Defect?
- The Multiple Roles of the Software Tester(People Relationships)
- Scope of Testing
- When Should Testing Occur?
- Testing Constraints
- Life Cycle Testing
- Independent Testing
- What is a QA Process?
- Levels of Testing
- The "V" Concept of Testing
- Structural versus Functional Technique Categories
- Verification versus Validation
- Static versus Dynamic Testing
- Examples of Specific Testing Techniques
- Test Planning
- Customization of the Test Process
Create the Test Plan
- Prerequisites to test planning
- Understand the Characteristics of the Software Being Developed
- Build the Test Plan
- Write the Test Plan
- Test case Design
- Building test cases
- Test data mining
- Test execution
- Test Reporting
- Defect Management
- Test Coverage - Traceability matrix
- Software Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Guidelines for writing test reports
Automation Testing Basics
- Basics of automation testing - why, when and how to perform automation testing
- Factors for choosing a particular tool
- An overview for the major functional testing tools
- Overview of Test management and bug tracking tools
Software Testing Training Reviews
Softlogic Reviews given by our students already completed the training with us. Please give your feedback as well if you are a student.