Simplifying Data Pipelines with Apache Kafka
When you hear the terms, producer, consumer, topic category, broker, and cluster used together to describe a messaging system, something is brewing in the Kafka pipelines. Get connected and learn what that is, and what it means!
Lesson 1 – Introduction to Apache Kafka
- What Kafka is and why it was created
- The Kafka Architecture
- The main components of Kafka
- Some of the use cases for Kafka
Lesson 2 – Kafka Command Line
- The contents of Kafka’s /bin directory
- How to start and stop Kafka
- How to create new topics
- How to use Kafka command line tools to produce and consume messages
Lesson 3 – Kafka Producer Java API
- The Kafka producer client
- Some of the KafkaProducer configuration settings and what they do
- How to create a Kafka producer using the Java API and send messages both synchronously and asynchronously
Lesson 4 – Kafka Consumer Java API
- The Kafka consumer client
- Some of the KafkaConsumer configuration settings and what they do
- How to create a Kafka consumer using the Java API
Lesson 5 – Kafka Connect and Spark Streaming
- Kafka Connect and how to use a pre-built connector
- Some of the components of Kafka Connect
- How to use Kafka and Spark Streaming together
- Have taken the Hadoop 101 course.
- Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and Big Data.
- Basic Linux Operating System knowledge.
- Basic understanding of the Scala, Python, R, or Java programming languages.