Datastage Testing Course Syllabus
Become a master in the ETL process through our Datastage Course Syllabus at Softlogic Systems. We train you to implement business principles to a specific target and make your expertise in Datastage software. Our Datastage Course Curriculum includes data warehouse concepts, understanding of ETL processes, InfoSphere DataStage fundamentals, installation and configuration of InfoSphere Datastage, designing techniques, Datastage jobs, director, parallel jobs, file handling, combining and partitioning data, data aggregation, and job sequence with hands-on experiences.
- Datastage Architecture
- Datastage Clients
- Datastage Workflow
Types of Datastage Job
- Parallel Jobs
- Server Jobs
- Job Sequences
Setting up Datastage Environment
- Datastage Administrator Properties
- Defining Environment Variables
- Importing Table Definitions
Creating Parallel Jobs
- Design a simple Parallel job in Designer
- Compile your job
- Run your job in Director
- View the job log
- Command Line Interface (dsjob)
Accessing Sequential Data
- Sequential File stage
- Data Set stage
- Complex Flat File stage
- Create jobs that read from and write to sequential files
- Read from multiple files using file patterns
- Use multiple readers
- Null handling in Sequential File Stage
- Describe parallel processing architecture Describe pipeline & partition parallelism
- List and describe partitioning and collecting algorithms
- Describe configuration files
- Explain OSH & Score
- Combine data using the Lookup stage
- Combine data using merge stage
- Combine data using the Join stage
- Combine data using the Funnel stage
Sorting and Aggregating Data
- Sort data using in-stage sorts and Sort stage
- Combine data using Aggregator stage
- Remove Duplicates stage
- Understand ways Datastage allows you to transform data
- Create column derivations using userdefined code and system functions
- Filter records based on business criteria
- Control data flow based on data conditions
- Perform a simple Find
- Perform an Advanced Find Perform an impact analysis
- Compare the differences between two Table Definitions and Jobs.
Working with Relational Data
- Import Table Definitions for relational tables.
- Create Data Connections.
- Use Connector stages in a job.
- Use SQL Builder to define SQL Select statements.
- Use SQL Builder to define SQL Insert and Update statements.
- Use the DB2 Enterprise stage.
Metadata in Parallel Framework:
- Explain schemas.
- Create schemas.
- Explain Runtime Column Propagation (RCP).
- Build a job that reads data from a sequential file using a schema.
- Build a shared container.
- Use the Datastage Job Sequencer to build a job that controls a sequence of jobs.
- Use Sequencer links and stages to control the sequence a set of jobs run in.
- Use Sequencer triggers and stages to control the conditions under which jobs run.
- Pass information in job parameters from the master controlling job to the controlled jobs.
- Define user variables.
- Enable restart.
- Handle errors and exceptions
Our Datastage Certification Course in Chennai explains how to implement the InfoSphere DataStage tool for performing various ETL jobs. Reach us to book a free demo class for Datastage Training at Softlogic.